Saturday 24 December 2011

Whisper

Amid the urban turmoil
Of a rush hour city street
A cacophony of diesels 
Joins a mass of stomping feet.
Mix the rattling departure
Of the elevated train,
As the local band convention
Starts out marching once again.
There's the rolling of the thunder
Country music from the stores,
Heavy hammers of the builders
Who are laying office floors.
Overhead the jets are flying
Leaving vapour in the sky
And a chapter of the Angels
Ride a hundred Harleys by
.
As you shelter in a doorway
From the racket and the rain,
I can hear across an ocean
You are whispering my name.





Copyright© Alan Gilbert 2011
.

2 comments:

  1. "I can hear across an ocean
    You are whispering my name."
    Beautiful Alan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Vinay, most appreciated.

      Delete

Welcome to my poetry blog.

I hope you enjoy the posts here, please feel free to leave a comment.