Tuesday 30 August 2011

A New Position


On a plain of inspiration
Somewhere high above the sea,
Together on a flight of fancy
She was holding on to me.
We were riding on a thermal
Soaring high above the ground,
We assumed a new position
And she never made a sound.

Now we're on a roller coaster
Undulating through the sky,
She just turned to smile at me
And I'm getting pretty high.
I was just about to tell her
When that look came in her eye,
We assumed a new position
And all I could do was sigh.

We were riding on a cable car
From Aussois to Corbier,
When the emerald of a glacier
Was reflected from her hair.
Now my face was lit with wonder
She was going to ask me why,
We assumed a new position
And the moment tip toed by.

Copyright© Alan Gilbert 2011.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my poetry blog.

I hope you enjoy the posts here, please feel free to leave a comment.