Tuesday 3 May 2011

The Urban Beat




The city churns
And in the street,
The watchers watch
While greeters greet.
The walkers walk
And move their feet
In rhythm with
The urban beat.

The subway where
A busker plays
The people move,
His echo stays.
With urine smells
Of drunken ways,
And needles left
From poppy days.

The junior mums
With swollen tums.
The mugger waits
His victim comes.
All rush and tear
No time to spare,
In searing heat,
The urban beat.


From, Love is a Dreamer.
Copyright©Alan Gilbert 2011.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is far different from the romantic poems. It is poignant and honest. Moments of upbeat to downtrodden in the city. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kristina my dear friend. I must admit I enjoyed writing this, refreshing in a way.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my poetry blog.

I hope you enjoy the posts here, please feel free to leave a comment.